Aerial yoga is a relatively new kind of yoga that rapidly gains popularity. It provides numerous benefits that other styles of yoga do not. However, it is critical to employ the proper aerial yoga equipment to maximize the benefits of aerial yoga. This blog post’s purpose is to highlight some of the greatest aerial yoga equipment and other accessories available, as well as why you should use it.
Improve Your Yoga Practice with These 13 Aerial Yoga Equipment
1. Leg Stretcher bar
You have a lot of flexibility in your legs, which is great for doing poses where you stand on your feet. This leg stretcher bar can be customized to fit you perfectly, so it’s perfect for you.
I like the simple design of this steel and ABS material. It wraps around the tube and is anti-scratch.
Hold the middle handlebar and stretch your feet out to do a basic split. This does not require expertise. If you practice regularly, eventually, your legs will go all the way to a 180º position!
Height adjustable 6 holes are very user-friendly. The high-quality SS steel tubes are lightweight and foldable, making them portable.
The most mentionable features
- Very beginners are friendly.
- Rubber grips are ergonomic.
- Fits all kinds of fitness exercises, including Taekwondo, yoga, and many more.
- It is 24.4 inches/62 cm in the shortest length, and in the longest length, it’s 42.12 inches/107 cm.
2. Yoga Swing Hanging Ladder
We’d want to express our gratitude to the company for creating an aerial yoga frame that is both cool and simple to use.
This hanging ladder is an essential piece of aerial yoga equipment for fitness enthusiasts who want aerial spinning. It helps you spin around in all directions from a single point.
You can also do the following aerial yoga sessions with it. As side pikes, instant reverse flying, aerial breaststrokes, extension dive, reverse frog dive, etc.
This hanging ladder lets you stay on aerial silks fabric for a long time.
3. Yoga Wheel
The Shogun’s yoga wheel is perfect for flexible people with advanced back bending skills.
Stretching your back, chest, hips, and abdomen energizes your body cells and tissues.
Indeed, this exercise is recommended by chiropractors. It helps massage our back and open it up. This also increases our flexibility.
The eco-friendly, robust, and skid-resistant TPE padding (34-inch thinner) provides a cushioning effect. It also has high strength support against flex or bends under any circumstances!
You should utilize this yoga wheel to relieve your neck and back stress. This will help get rid of tension all over your body.
There is some debate over what size yoga wheel to use.
There are three different sizes for massages. The biggest size is for a back and side massage with stretching. The medium-sized one is for a medium-pressure massage, and the smallest size is for deep tissue massages on your back, legs, and hips.
The mentionable features
- Three sizes(6,10,12) and two available colors
- Glossy instruction cards
- A perfect pain reliever of every joint;
- Excellent to open shoulder sides and improve stretch, flexibility
- The three sizes are optimal for various uses.
- It promotes our flexibility as a superb spine massager for the back opening.
4. Larger Manduka Prolite Yoga Mat
The Manduka Prolite design is the most positively reviewed traditional mat and an aerial yoga equipment mat.
This eco-friendly and thicker (4.7 mm) mat is available in two different shapes. One is a longer shape (6.9 Ft.), while the other is a standard size (5.92 Ft.)
The Manduka mat is eco-friendly, non-toxic, and latex-free.
It’s ideal for aerial yoga since it provides maximum comfort, which prevents injuries!
This mat from Manduka will help keep sweat from getting on the floor. It is made from a type of material that doesn’t let moisture through, so it will be easy to clean it if any gets on it when you’re practicing aerial yoga at home.
The most mentionable features
- OEKO -TEX certified mat.
- The moisture-resistant mechanism offers easily washable soap and water.
- It works wonderfully well with a yoga towel, so you do not need to purchase one separately. It is unquestionably denser than any other yoga mats you have ever encountered!
- This mat highly supports headstand, foot stand, and handstand poses very well. These are common for beginners to advanced aerial yoga trapeze poses.
- Both sides are non-sloppy.
- Very durable.
5. Handstand Canes
The H-base handstand canes add an amazing twist to your sky yoga from aerial yoga rig!
This great product increases the shoulder stretching from 12 inches to 15 inches.
Simultaneously, this improves our hand balance and stability while providing a full inversion therapy advantage.
- Weight supported 250 lbs.
- Without any additional varnish, the wood retains its natural feel.
- Assembly and disassembly are facilitated by the use of a Phillips screwdriver.
- You can use it with a 3 mm thicker yoga mat.
6. Yoga Evo Straps for Stretching
The spandex yoga strap can help you warm up your body and deepen your flexibility within a few moments.
When you stretch, you relax your muscles around the joints. As a result, it improves our circulation and movement.
You can easily control your body during aerial yoga hammock postures by assuming your flexibility limit.
Its material – a unique cotton mix that differs from traditional nylon-based.
The 10 soft and stretchy loops on the strap make it easy to use. It is not necessary to tie it separately.
Notable features of this yoga strap
- Evo delivers two hours of high-definition video instruction complete with positions.
- This strap is eco-friendly and ergonomic.
- It is neither a pinched screen nor burns hands when in long poses.
- It is 140 cm long and 3 cm wide when not stretched but readily stretches to 280 cm long at its maximum length.
- Excellent for thoracic and lumbar stretching.
- Its 10 loops allow for customizing the tension.
7. Yoga Evo Straps for Stretching
When we sit or drive for an extended period, our back muscles and neck nerves become tight and inflamed, resulting in pain.
Neck traction is a way to relieve muscle compression and make you feel better.
Some physical therapists suggest neck traction exercises when you have this problem.
You should use neck traction to help cure your degenerated neck and headaches.
The Yoga Swings© traction device is the most portable, convenient, and simple to use of all the different traction devices.
What features do we notice here?
- There are three different ways to connect it to any door, seat, or concrete joint.
- You can use two neck and back pads, one in the front and one in the rear.
- Including handles to control it.
- It is easily kept in a tiny little bag.
8. Yoga Swing Cushion Insert
Do you worry that aerial yoga might hurt you? If so, using a yoga swing cushion insert may be a good way to avoid any pain.
This cushion is perfect for aerial yoga swings. You can put it in the seated position of the aerial yoga swing.
Flying yoga poses become easier and more enjoyable this way. Especially, handstand, foot stand, and cocooned posture turn into funny exercises!
What we noticed here
- The mild nylon cover is extremely easy to install and remove.
- 36 inch (L) x 6 inches (W) x 1-inch thickness
9. Massage Rollerball
Do you want a massage that will help you be more flexible? If so, these massage balls may be a good choice for you. It allows you to choose between a hot or cold massage, which can be beneficial if you’re attempting to increase your flexibility.
Here, modern health massage therapy techniques are being used. This includes cryotherapy and massage.
There are some suggestions from the physical therapist on relieving tired muscles. This includes help for people who have degenerated neck, back, shoulder, buttocks, chest, feet, etc.
These massage balls is made of high-quality steel. Temperature gel is inside it, so the ball can keep warm and cool temperatures for a while.
How Does It Work?
You can use this massager ball to apply ice therapy and heat therapy. Put the ball in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes, then put it in hot water for 5 to 10 minutes.
Be careful when using this massager. You should not use it directly on your body because you might get frostbite or an allergic reaction. Instead, wrap it in a towel before using it.
What we notice here
- The palm-sized, 60 mm diameter ball is ideal for usage everywhere!
- It is an ideal massager for cold and heat therapy.
- For myofascial release and stiff muscle, this is a highly recommended technique.
- A superb cryosphere for relieving severe migraine discomfort
- A clever massager that rotates 360 degrees to prevent musculoskeletal issues.
10. Wall Suspension Unit
If you are worried about hanging your yoga swing, don’t worry. There are other ways to do it. You can use a wall suspension unit to hang your yoga swing.
It eliminates a significant amount of space with which you may struggle.
The Yoga Swing is a suspension unit that can be bought separately for a few dollars. It is a good alternative to the aerial yoga stand.
How It Works
The manufacturer provides everything you need to install your aerial yoga clothes, including bolts and wall bars. Hang them up and get lost in the flying postures!
11. AB Straps
Do you worry that your abs are getting in the way of your aerial poses? Don’t worry; the AB straps by Yoga Swing can help. This product will help reduce the appearance of abs so you can work out more easily.
This ab strap helps us to strengthen our core and decompress our spine at the same time.
As a result, we get many benefits from this ab straps core blaster. These benefits include:
- Strengthens hanging positions from arms.
- Strengthens our focus and concentration.
- Energizes every side of the core, including backs, obliques, and abdominal muscles.
- Impacts on full-body muscular control as gravity work here much.
What do we notably notice with these straps?
- This recycled nylon-made strap is sturdy and very mild.
- It is readily connected to yoga trapeze hanging sources or used independently.
- Very light weighty (only one lb.)
12. Air Yoga Pose Poster
The 101 yoga poses shown in the poster can be done in two dimensions as live-action movement or in three dimensions as fluid movement patterns.
These poses make aerial yoga hammock sets with rigging equipment more fun!
We notice that:
- Aerial yoga sequences are simply presented using arrow marks.
- Great quality glossy paper poster.
- Size is 34(L) inch27(W) inch. Very portable.
- You may easily adjust the positions with the aerial yoga fabric, as your expectations are determined by your degree of fitness.
13. Extension Spring With Hooks
Do you want to feel like you’re bouncing in space? Extension springs can make that happen!
What we notably notice here
- The zinc-plated one spring has two hooks on each end, which is safe.
- Both hooks can support up to 250 pounds, so you don’t need to worry about weight.
- The object’s length is 8 inches, but it is 12 inches long with the weight.
- A one-year parts warranty and 30 days money-back guarantee.
Frequently Asked Questions About Aerial Yoga Accessories
Use the hammock’s own carabiners to secure the rope to the aerial yoga hammock. Make sure that both aerial yoga hammock ends are attached to two different carabiners. The aerial yoga hammock should now be hanging in the air. Sit on the hammock to make sure it is secure.
You’ll need yoga mats for your yoga hammock, just like you would in regular aerial yoga classes. Consume plenty of water, particularly before and after hanging out on your aerial hammocks.
To install an aerial yoga swing in your home, you need to have enough space and a strong ceiling to hang it. Look for a door frame or any sturdy support beams in the ceiling. If your floor and ceiling are not very strong, you might not be able to install them.
Assume you’ve never attempted aerial yoga before. In that situation, it is wise to enroll in aerial yoga classes or hire a private instructor to have your aerial classes and come to your home before purchasing a yoga swing. This is because you don’t have any yoga experience, you risk injuring yourself.
Aerial Yoga Hammocks and Aerial Silks are both made from silk fabric. Aerial Yoga Hammocks have a loop at the bottom, while Aerial Silks do not. Aerial Silks are rigged with two long ribbons instead.
An experienced aerialist knows how to work with any height. This is important if you want to do aerial arts in New York City, where space is limited. In places with more space, a minimum of 12 feet would be needed for vertical apparatuses such as silks. For other apparatuses, 9 or 10 feet would be enough.
Aerial yoga can help you lose weight. This challenges you to engage your muscles to complete the yoga poses while in the air. This helps build toned and lean muscles while you burn body fat.
Aerial yoga is an excellent approach for anyone to improve their strength and flexibility. You will need some strength and flexibility to do aerial yoga, but if you don’t have much of either, you can still do it. Aerial yoga is a good way to challenge yourself.
For more information on Aerial Yoga Poses, visit this page.