A good metabolism can help you have enough energy and ensure you are adequately nourished. You can achieve this by practicing yoga poses that help to boost your metabolism.
Digestion is how our body gets the energy and nutrients it needs. The endocrine system, a group of organs that help us stay healthy, regulates this process. Yoga has a good effect on these organs, which in turn helps our metabolism work better and lets us burn more calories.
Yoga exercises improve blood circulation, vitalize organs, improve metabolism, and boost the immune system. Here are ten yoga poses that can help enhance your metabolism and increase the strength and flexibility of different body parts.
Ustrasana is the first yoga pose in our list that helps to boost metabolism. This pose is done by bending the body backward deeply while kneeling. This pose stretches the hips and spine and stimulates and activates the thyroid gland, which can help increase metabolism.
Benefits of Ustrasana:
- Decreases thigh fats
- It opens up the hips.
- Stretches and reinforces the shoulders and back
- Improves body posture
- It opens the chest, improving lung health.
- It extends the back and spine.
- Endocrine organs are energized.
- Pressure is released in the ovaries.
- Lower legs, thighs, crotch, abdominal area, chest, and throat are all stretched.
- Tonifies stomach, pelvic, and neck organs
- Enhances general well-being and prosperity
Sukhasana is a pose that strengthens the spine and opens up the hip region. It is essential to stay in this pose and not slump to benefit from it. This pose is also straightforward, so anyone of any age can do it without problems.
Benefits of Sukhasana:
- It spreads a sense of calm and harmony throughout your mind and body.
- It relaxes your thoughts.
- All tiredness, stress, and tension will be alleviated.
- The bones in your chest and neckline have enlarged.
- Your body posture has improved.
- This asana helps to extend your spine.
- This asana stretches your knees and lower legs well.
- It improves the digestive system, making this a valuable pose for those suffering from constipation and gastric problems.
Halsana or plow pose is a posture you should spend some time perfecting. It entails stretching your legs as far back as possible while lying on the floor with your back. The pituitary, thyroid, and adrenal glands are all aroused by this position. Because the pose causes the body to produce endorphins, which aid in speeding up the metabolism, It is served as one of the most effective yoga poses for burning fat and consuming fewer calories.
Benefits of Halasana:
- Warms and brightens the psychophysiological system.
- The thighs’ and calves’ muscles and ligaments relax and stretch.
- During leg cramps, it increases flexibility and creates a sense of calm.
- Beneficial for people who have constipation or stomach troubles.
- It is helpful to diabetics since it normalizes blood glucose levels.
- Stimulates the reproductive organs
- Helps women during menopause
4. Salamba Sarvangasana
Salamba Sarvangasana, also known as shoulder stand, is a pose thought to improve blood circulation and eliminate imbalances. It also stretches the neck and back, which can help stimulate the function of various bodily glands. This yoga pose has boosted metabolism rates, effectively reducing belly fat.
Benefits of Salamba Sarvangasana:
- Good for hair health
- Quiets the cerebrum and calms pressure.
- It stimulates the thyroid and prostate organs and stomach organs.
- It stretches the shoulders and neck.
- It tones the legs and hips.
- It improves nutrient absorption.
- It diminishes the side effects of menopause.
- Reduces weakness and lightens sleep deprivation
- It makes blood flow to the head and nervous system.
5. Supta Virasana
Supta Virasana, also known as reclined hero pose, helps to strengthen the muscles in your legs. This pose has many benefits, such as resolving digestive and diarrhea, respiratory problems, intestinal problems, and acidity. The name comes from Sanskrit, where Supt means “the reclined” and asana means “the seating position.”
Benefits of Supta Virasana:
- It gives your thighs, knees, lower legs, midriff, and hips a stretch.
- It relieves tired legs.
- It improves posture
- It soothes menstrual uneasiness.
- It fortifies the curves of the feet.
Anjaneyasana, or standing crescent lunge, helps stretch and stimulate the hip flexors. It can help release tension in the rear part of the hips. The asana also boosts your heart rate, which enhances your metabolism. Apart from being a yoga pose that increases metabolism, it can also work as a stretching exercise for the legs.
Benefits of Anjaneyasana:
- Stimulates the thyroid gland function
- Improves heart function
- It makes the body more flexible.
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles
- It helps to decrease sciatica symptoms.
Dhanurasana or bow pose can help you feel more energetic and reduce stress. It can also help tone your leg and arm muscles. Additionally, this pose can improve abdominal and spinal flexibility and strengthen them.
Benefits of Dhanurasana:
- Powerful in weight reduction
- Improves hunger
- Assists with restoring dyspepsia (stoutness), stiffness, and gastrointestinal issues
- Fixes constipation
- Improves blood circulation
- It offers adaptability to the back.
The eagle pose, or Garudasana, can help you have strong muscles in your shoulders, hips, thighs, ankles, and calves. It can also improve your digestion and give you more physical energy.
Benefits of Garudasana:
- It strengthens the lower legs and calves.
- Stretches the thighs, hips, shoulders, and upper back
- Improves posture and balance
- Reduces stress
- Relaxes whole body muscles
- Relieves the pain from joints
- Improves body balance
Pawanmuktasana is a powerful yoga pose that can heal gastrointestinal problems. This pose helps stimulate the movement of the bowels, getting rid of waste materials from the body. It also boosts metabolism, relieves constipation, indigestion, and acidity, and removes belly fat.
Benefits of Pawanmuktasana:
- Strengthens abdominal muscles
- Strengthens the spinal cord
- Eases the tension in the lower back
- Burns the fat in thighs, abdomen, and waist
- Reduces infertility by stimulating ovaries
Salabhasana is a type of backbend yoga pose. It can help open your chest and strengthen your lower back and leg muscles. This pose can also increase your physical energy, elongate your spine, and improve your metabolism.
Benefits of Salabhasana:
- Vitalizes all body organs and muscles
- Enhances blood circulation throughout the body
- Decreases stress and tension
- It strengthens the back muscles.
These yoga poses have been recommended for a long time because they have proven results and benefits. Yoga poses that help boost metabolism may be unknown to some people, but there is no doubt that they work. Doing these poses under the supervision of a qualified yoga instructor can be highly beneficial for persons who have metabolic issues.
Frequently Asked Questions About Yoga For Metabolism
Can Yoga Boost Your Metabolism?
Yoga helps to boost the metabolism and burn more calories. Yoga has a powerful stimulating and strengthening effect on the endocrine organs. The twisting and compressing yoga postures also massage the endocrine and abdominal organs. It helps to regulate their function, improve local circulation, and cleanse them of old stagnant toxins.
What Exercise Speeds Up Metabolism?
What Naturally Speeds Up Your Metabolism?
Adding lean protein-rich foods to your diet can help boost your metabolism when you eat. Some good lean protein sources include beef, turkey, fish, chicken, tofu, nuts, beans, eggs, and low-fat dairy products.
Why Is My Metabolism Slow?
Your hormones can sometimes slow down how your body uses energy. It makes you tired. Some disorders, such as hypothyroidism and diabetes, are caused by hormones influencing your metabolism. Stress also releases hormones that can cause this slowdown.